Iced Earth: pro-shot footage from Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting availableProfessionally filmed video footage of Iced Earth's June 28, 2008 performance at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium can be viewed below.
Iced Earth's official web site, IcedEarth.com, caught up with the band's mainman, Jon Schaffer (guitar), on June 16, 2008 for an audio interview lasting 16 minutes which is available as a free Mp3 download (15.2 Mb) at this location.
* The choice of title for the forthcoming release, "The Crucible of Man - Something Wicked Part Ii"
* Choir arrangements used during recording, including the vocal arrangments (chants) used at the conclusion of the song, "The Coming Curse" from 1998's' "Something Wicked This Way Comes" release
* Thoughts on re-recording songs from the back-catalog as acoustic versions
* Technical talk about mastering, volume, compression, and dynamic range
* Playing live with the new touring lineup
Iced Earth sold 1,450 copies of its new EP, "I Walk Among You", in the United States in the single's first week of release ? enough to land the EP at No. 2 on the Billboard Maxi Singles chart and No. 3 on the Billboard Top Singles chart.
"I Walk Among You" marks the long-awaited return of vocalist Matthew Barlow and is the precursor to the forthcoming full-length album "The Crucible Of Man (Something Wicked Part 2)", which is scheduled for release on September 9, 2008. The release features the single "I Walk Alone" along with two re-recorded tracks from "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)", featuring Barlow on vocals.
Following a series of European festival dates throughout the summer, Iced Earth will embark on a North American tour in September.
"Melancholy (Holy Martyr)":