Killwhitneydead (KWD) has one original member left since its birth a couple of years ago. But since I never heard any of their previous albums, I frankly don’t give a shit. I was just looking at their new, and fourth album as a nice way to find out whether this is my style or not. I can tell you, it certainly fits my preferences!
Music wise you can expect a mixture of (extreme) metalcore and deathcore parts. Just your standard breakdowns here and there and some nice solos mixed through all that. It’s nothin’ really special but it isn’t bad either. To be honest, it’s not bad at all! It’s just that most of it has been done before.
Still, Nothing Less Nothing More is quite a nice album. It’s original in some ways, for example: there’s some pleasant surprises on it – like a power metal part in ‘Stop Crying Just Start Dying’ and a cover of ‘Tainted Love’, which sounds kinda funny. Yeah, you may also think it’s gay to cover that song, but according to Family Guy’s Stewie it’s not! So there you go, it’s not gay! Stewie’s always right remember?!
2. Just When You Thought I Was Listening
3. Time To Teach Her A Lesson Called “Replaceable”
4. Put A Sock In It
5. Skip The Break Up Get To The Make Up
6. (Here’s An Idea) How About More Of Me&Less Of You
7. White Trash But Worth Every Cent
8. Losing Weight&Looking Great
9. Maybe Death Is A Gift
10. If Only My Eyes Were Loaded
11. You Getting Boom Boom With The Bridesmaids?
12. Stop Crying Just Start Dying
13. Funny Enough It Sounds Just Like Tainted Love (7” Single Version)
David Shoaf – Guitar, Keyboards
Charles Matheny – Guitar
Josh Coe – Bass
Peter Jackson – Drums